Something I used to really struggle with was being able to focus on one thing
A year ago I was in such a hurry to do everything. I wanted to build a world class boxing gym, an online course, run retreats, write a book, publish my blogs, start a charity……
I couldn’t understand why didn’t make much progress as I know I’m capable of doing all those things
But maybe not all at once
My problem was my focus was all over the place. It’s really hard to give your attention to so many things!
Last year when my life came crashing down, I had to slow down the pace I was living at and build everything back up
Focus on one thing at a time
Firstly building my gym and serving the members who already train here. Lately my focus has just been on making 12 Rounds completely fucking awesome
Funnily enough since I gave it my full attention, my business has gone from strength to strength.
And I’m so much happier and fulfilled.
If you feel like any area of your life is not progressing as you want it, ask yourself how much attention are you giving that area?
The state of each area of your life is a direct result of the time, energy and focus put into it. Whether it’s your health and fitness, relationship or business – if you want something to improve you need to stay focussed on it.
Here’s a few tips that have helped me
- Have clear goals on what you want to achieve and why. Get clear on your intention behind it. How will reaching the goal make you feel? For me creating a happy environment to work in and seeing both clients and trainers progressing is what keeps me motivated
- Stop comparing. I used to be really guilty of comparing myself to other people. Since I stopped doing this both my productivity and happiness has improved massively. Comparison really is the thief of happiness. You are where you are, we all have different starting points and circumstances. Stay focussed on your own game. There’s always going to be someone who’s slimmer, fitter, richer……
- Have a way to track your progress. I use a scoring system to score each area of my life out of 10. I did this recently and compared the results to 6 months ago and the difference was amazing. If it’s your fitness this is really simple – like how many push ups/burpees can you do in a minute? Test yourself every month to see the improvement.
- Take action daily – even if it’s just really small action. Progress equals happiness. When we feel like we’re not making progress is when we get deflated and give up. Even if you just do one thing every day to take you closer to your goal then your still making progress
- Don’t try to run before you can walk. What I struggle with most is trying to jump ahead. Build the foundations first. Think about it you wouldn’t get in the ring and compete without knowing basic boxing technique first right? So why do we give ourself a hard time for taking time to learn something new. Everything in life is a case of mastering skills. Identify what skills you need and create rituals to practice them everyday. Just like shadow boxing. simples 😊
So my focus is on making 12 Rounds even more awesome this year first before I take on any new challenges.
ps. If you want to get focussed on your fitness, we still have a few spaces left on our April Boxing Fundamentals course
Just sayin 😊