Lets been honest, how many of us haven’t over-indulged on holiday? I left for Portugal last week with the good intentions of training everyday and cooking healthy lunches from our holiday apartment. I did manage to stick to a training plan (if only to feel less guilty about the chips, ice-cream and alcohol I had consumed! Yes, the diet did not go quite to plan. One slip up led to another until I gave up completely and let myself go, thankfully it was only a week!
So Mon 3rd of September and it’s time to get back on track with the diet and exercise. Here’s a few tips to help you get started!
- Make yourself an exercise plan! Whether it’s coming to classes or fitting in runs or exercise at home. Set aside time to exercise and put it in your diary.
- Don’t overdo it on the first week! Don’t attempt to train everyday and make sure you get adequate rest in between sessions. Rest and recovery are just as important as training!
- Detox – start by cutting out the obvious culprits, processed food, sugar, wheat and alcohol. After a few days you’ll feel better already as you’ll be less bloated.
- Drink water! No less than 2 litres per day.
- Plan your meals for the week and go food shopping. Don’t get caught out unprepared and hungry and this is the surest way to slip up.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you have put on a few pounds! Holidays are for allowing yourself a few indulgences! Just don’t let it continue now your back. Set yourself a realistic goal and timeframe to get back to the weight your happy with. With a little bit of controlled eating and hard work we’ll all be looking fab again just in time for the Christmas parties!
Look forward to seeing you all at class!